Blog Tour: Spies and Prejudice by Talia Vance + Giveaway
I am excited to be participating in the blog tour for Spies and Prejudice by Talia Vance. Anything Pride and Prejudice related immediately catches my attention so I could not wait for this one.
I am honored to have Talia here today talking about things a spy girl shouldn’t leave home without. So please help me welcome Talia!
Berry Fields never leaves home without her messenger bag, and it’s always loaded down with some of the primary tools of her trade. Here is a sampling of things she likes to have on hand:
1. A book, usually a text book: For when you need to look like you’re doing something other than spying. A school book is good, because you can keep it open in front of you, and no one will question it if they catch you not reading it, because it’s easy to get distracted from homework.
2. A smartphone: photo, video and audio recording capability, a communications device, and the ability to do instant internet research all in one! It’s the thing no spy girl should ever leave home without.
3. A listening device: A device designed to pick up sounds from across the room, it helps to pick up conversations without getting too close or looking like you’re trying to listen
4. Climbing gear: Foot spikes and hand claws for scaling up to windows or balconies on second or third floors are a must, although they do some serious damage to the stucco.
5. Wearable audio/video recorders: A smartphone is great, but when you’re undercover, you need to be able to discretely capture footage without giving yourself away. A pair of fake eyeglasses or a pen with a built in camera and a watch with a built in audio recorder are accessories now spy should be without.
6. Rubber-soled shoes: The ability to walk quietly is only surpassed by the ability to run fast.
Thanks so much Talia! So now we all know if we ever want to go into the spy business what we should be sure to have.
About the book…
Fields’ Rule #1: Don’t fall for the enemy.
Berry Fields is not looking for a boyfriend. She’s busy trailing cheaters and liars in her job as a private investigator, collecting evidence of the affairs she’s sure all men commit. And thanks to a pepper spray incident during an eighth grade game of spin the bottle, the guys at her school are not exactly lining up to date her, either.
So when arrogant—and gorgeous—Tanner Halston rolls into town and calls her “nothing amazing,” it’s no loss for Berry. She’ll forget him in no time. She’s more concerned with the questions surfacing about her mother’s death.
But why does Tanner seem to pop up everywhere in her investigation, always getting in her way? Is he trying to stop her from discovering the truth, or protecting her from an unknown threat? And why can’t Berry remember to hate him when he looks into her eyes?
With a playful nod to Jane Austen, Spies and Prejudice will captivate readers as love and espionage collide.
Buy Spies and Prejudice
Add to Goodreads
About Talia Vance…
Talia Vance is a practicing litigation attorney living in Northern California with her real life love interest, two-point-five kids, and a needy Saint Bernard named Huckleberry. Talia has been writing since she could talk, making up stories for every doll, stuffed animal and action figure she could get her hands on. She grew up hoping to write the great American novel, but her life ran more along the lines of tortured romance and fast paced thrillers, so that’s what she writes.
5 winners total US only
3 winners will receive 1 Hardcover of Spies and Prejudice and a T-Shirt.
2 winners will receive a T-Shirt